4 year child having bump on leg. Hurts to touch. Not cured by using cortizon. Any alternate solution?

My four year old daughter has a bump on her leg. It is hard when I touch it and she says it hurts when I touch it. I have tried putting alcholl on it but it looks the same, which is a white head, I even put cortizon on it but it is still hard and still has a white head in the middle of it. Please help
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

A hard bump can be a simple folliculitis in the initial stage. Most bumps that hurt are benign in nature.

I would like to get more information from you, to be able to suggest you better. Please do not mind to answer these questions.

1. I would like to know if there was any preceding injury to this bump. How long has it been there?

2. How big is the bump, its dimensions?

3. Is there a discharge from the bump, is it warm to touch and red and angry looking?

4. Is the entire bump just a white head or is there a central dot in the bump?

5. Does she have similar bumps anywhere else on her body?

Please answer these questions.

In addition, is it possible to upload a picture of the same? You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Awaiting your response.