32 years old. Is there any treatment or medicine for moustache growth?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Aug 2012
Aug 2012

Diabetologist
Question
hi doctor, im XXXXXXX 32 yrs old my problem is i dont have moustache and still all of my family calling me as a boy , is there any treatment or any medicine for moustache growth, iam from kerala (south india ) let me know is there any medicine available in market
Thnks &rgds XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

If you do not have any facial hair like beard or moustache then you cannot take any medication directly without evaluating the reason for not having the male-pattern facial hair. Please get your TSH, FSH, LH, Testosterone tests done and see a good Endocrinologist in Kerala- Dr XXXXXXX from Cochin or Dr Jayakumar from Trivendrum. Not having normal male pattern hair is not as simple as just taking some medication. So please take it seriously for detailed investigations by these Endocrinologists.
Take care and let me know for any further query.

Follow-up: 32 years old. Is there any treatment or medicine for moustache growth? 10 minutes later
let me know the address or phone number of this two doctors
Dr XXXXXXX from Cochin or Dr Jayakumar from Trivendrum.

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 1 hour later
I am sorry as I do not have their contact details but in local directory or by 'just dial' you will be able to get their numbers, addresses. All the best.