3 years old is having loss of appetite. Is this normal?

Nov 2013

my 3 year old toddler is very active. He just wants to run. His only sleeps like 9-10 hours a day. And suprisingly his Appetite is quite low. We find it hard to keep him busy. He will not fond of TV. sometimes he does not have afternoon nap and we find hard to keep up with him. Is he normal?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 19 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
First of all, let me reassure you that your child is most likely totally normal.
It is often natural for a healthy three year old to keep busy and active, as he is. Some children may not like the TV too. And regarding appetite, it is possible that he is a bit choosy (he may like certain things and may not like certain things).
You can try to find out what activities he likes, such as any games or coloring/painting, etc and try to develop that.
As of now, we need not worry.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any further queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist