3 year old having vertical red lines from belly button to neck. Had diarrhea. What are these lines?

Question
my 3 year old has 2 vertical red lines from under his belly button to his neck, they just appeared last night. he's had diarrea (sp?) for the past couple of days but other than that, he acts fine, what are these lines?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX ,

Thanks for your query ,

I would be able to answer better if you provide me some more details over the lesion like

1) Images of the lesion ( Mail to YYYY@YYYY )
2)Any associated redness , itching or pain with the lesion ?
3)The appearence of the lesion ( comparitive) ?
4)Any history of similar complaints in past ?

Will wait for the information ,

Thanks for visiting WWW.WWWW.WW

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.