2D and 4D ultrasound at 22 weeks shows recessed chin and overbite. Concerned ?

Dear Doctor,
I am concerned about my baby boy 2D ultrasound at 20 weeks, and my 4D ultrasound at 22 weeks. They both show what seems like a recessed chin and overbite (duck-like upper lip that is really prominent...). It looks nothing like the other ultrasound I've seen on google...Both baby's father and I are caucasian and have full lips, but no overbite.
I am really worried that this might be an indication of micrognathia or something else.
Please find hereunder two links to my ultrasounds:
Please advice. Best Regards,
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
I have seen both the photographs. Although the appearance is like that of a recessed chin, this might just be a normal variation and further development may give the face a normal shape.
Right now it is too early to comment about the facial features. These will become more clear after 30 weeks gestation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: 2D and 4D ultrasound at 22 weeks shows recessed chin and overbite. Concerned ? 7 hours later
dear doctor,

what about the overbite? why is the upperlip like duck bill?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
The overbite that is seen is again a developmental stage and is likely to correct on its own as the child grows. Please do not worry and go for a repeat scan at 30 weeks to see the change.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.