28 years old. What should I do to increase my height?

Sep 2012

I am 28 years old women and want to increase my height. My height is 4.11ft and I want to increase my height. Please advice me how can I increase my height at this age? Is there any medicine that you can suggest me. Please help me. I am facing so many problems due to my short height.
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Firstly, in human, growth and development occurs up to the age of 22 to 24 years. After that, growth and development stop. One interesting thing is after achieving the ultimate height every year height decreases very very slowly.

So, once you have crossed the growing age group, nothing can help you to increase your height. Height mainly depends on length of bone which stops increasing after the growing age. So, it is now in permanent shape and height.

In market, you can see many ayurvedic medicines which claim to increase height. But all these are not scientifically proved.

Summary - in this 28 years of age no medicine can help to increase your height.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Follow-up: 28 years old. What should I do to increase my height? 15 hours later
I had consulted a doctor of mediplex. He said that at the age of 28 it is not possible to increase height but if we can do some exercise we can increase 2-3 inches height by stretching our spinal cord. He said he will give some height increasing tonic and with that tonic and some stretching exercise, I can increase my height by 2-3 inches. He is charges Rs 2,500 for a month and the total duration is of 3 months. Should I trust them and take a chance?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 44 minutes later
As I previously told, in our pharmacology book, there is no such medicine. The drug you are talking about is an ayurvedic medicine.
As a M.B.B.S doctor I can not give you any opinion regarding taking those medicine.
The decision is totally upto you. But, check meticulously before taking these. I have not seen any person to have increased height after taking such medicine, at this age group.
So, take decision carefully.

Hope, you have answers of your question. If the information suffices, then close this discussion.