26 yrs old, planning to conceive. IGG positive, IGM negative. Should I get rubella vaccine ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hello doctor,
I am a 26 yrs old lady and am planning to get pregnant in the coming year.I wanted to know if i need to get the rubella vaccination and took the IGG and IGM tests and the levels were

IGG - 65.54 - Positive

IGM - 0.305 - Negative

Should i take a rubella vaccination before pregancy and if so how long should i wait before conceiving.Pls advise.Thanks
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
IgG levels positive for rubella do indicate a good antibody levels in your body.
Past immunization or subclinical infection is a likely possibility.
Still it is best to get yourself immunized against rubella to avoid the risk of rubella infection during pregnancy.
After active immunization it is advisable to avoid pregnancy for six months after immunization for adequate antibody production in the body.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.

Follow-up: 26 yrs old, planning to conceive. IGG positive, IGM negative. Should I get rubella vaccine ? 1 hour later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX I will consider taking the Rubella vaccination.

What all health indicators(like sugar levels,BP,Rubella) should be monitored before preganancy to have a healthy conception and pregnancy.

Also,i checked my insulin hormone levels.It is 13.89(Fasting).Is it "insulin resistance"?If so,how can i lower it?

Pls advise

Thanks.

Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
For a healthy conception and pregnancy, your blood glucose and blood pressure should be normal and you should other wise be in perfect health. You need to rule out anemia by getting blood hemoglobin levels checked.
A fasting blood glucose level of 13.89 mmol/l is definitely high . This needs careful assessment and an early treatment under the care of your endocrinologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.

Follow-up: 26 yrs old, planning to conceive. IGG positive, IGM negative. Should I get rubella vaccine ? 3 hours later
Thanks Dr for patiently answering all my queries.
Is this insulin resistance curable/reversible by diet and exercise or is it a life-long problem that i might have to deal with?
What could have caused my insulin levels to shoot up.Is it a life-style problem or a hereditary thing.
Pls advise.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Hello again,

You have high blood glucose levels which are seen due to insulin deficiency suggestive of diabetes.

Diabetes usually needs a life long treatment to keep the raised blood glucose levels well under control. Both the lifestyle, obesity and genetic factors are responsible for this problem.
Life style modifications, dietary restrictions and losing excessive weight helps in controlling the problem.

Regards.