25 years old. What are the treatment available for stammering problem?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I am 25 years old man, can you say that how to rectify the stammering problem or is there any specialist availbe or is any treament available for this?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 3 hours later

Welcome in H.C.M. for consultation.

I have gone through your query regarding your stammering and your age is 25 years. You have given very short history of your problem.

Do you having any neurological problem? You have not told whether you are having this problem since your childhood or developed later. Is there any history of accident involving head injury?

Here I would like to tell you that stammering is of two types-
(1) Congenital- When this is since birth.
(2) Acquired- When this develop in life either due to some neurological disease or after head injury in accident.

As far as treatment is concerned, this depends on cause of stammering. In case where it is congenital ( since birth ) it is treated by speech therapy, and for this therapy you will get good results as early as you do this job in childhood. In age of 25 years results are not excellent but you can try.

In cases of acquired stammering, speech therapy becomes additional to treatment of basic disease.

For speech therapy you should consult SPEECH THERAPIST.

I hope your query is well explained but even if you have any doubt you can consult us again.

With Regards.