24 year old, Can steroids be used to grow taller? Had a knee surgery for ligament tear

Hi i am 24 years can i grow taller using steriods pls guide me i am only 5.5 inch
i want to be atleast 5.10.
Doctor from my small age i want to be taller my father is 6ft, i am only 5.5 i feel uncomfortable with this please please guide me the way to increase my height, please tell me all the ways to increase my height. i recently had a knee surgery for the ligament tear medial menisus, now doctor told i can do gym, But before i go to gym i want to increase my height please help me what medicine should i choose.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Increasing your height at the age of 24 is quite a challenging task. After you attain puberty, the long bones of the body stop growing further as their growing ends fuse with the bone. These bones then attain a permanent size.
There are many pills, injections etc available through internet which claim to increase your height. Their effect is doubtful and do not waste your time, energy and money on them.
Regular yoga practice is known to help in improvement of the posture and ease tension in the body which, in turn, can help make a person feel taller. Several yoga positions can help to maximize these effects.
Your height totally depends on your age and in some cases your family average height. Drinking milk, stretching and proper sleep can increase your height, as the secretion of growth hormone is increased during the sleep specially in the early morning hours.
To produce extra Growth Hormone, develop an effective grow taller exercise program. Scientific studies have shown that the brain releases a larger quantity of GH after aerobic exercises.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: 24 year old, Can steroids be used to grow taller? Had a knee surgery for ligament tear 38 minutes later
As i said in the previous answer that there are so many claim, But in some cases i also works doctor, as there are many people grown after using the products/injection etc..
please tell me any of those products which will work for me to increase height. even i have minor side effects also its ok, but i wanted to increase height anyhow. please help me.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

As I already mentioned you that there are no pills that can instantly increase your height.

They do claim it on internet but their effects are not proven. Their claims have not been proven scientifically.

If you are so desperate and you need instant results, then you can go for bone lengthening procedures surgically or use concealed high heel shoes.

Select long stripes in clothing which will make you look taller.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.