21 years old. Is it possible to increase height?

i am 21 years old and i am trying to be little bit taller. Is there any way that i could be tall like 3" or 4" more by the way my height is 5' 3"
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
The height of the man increases till the age of 21 years and cannot improve further.
According to human physiology, around the age of 21 years bones get closely joined together and they do not develop further,so the height of a male increases till 21 years of age, but we can’t absolutely say that height does not increase after this age. We can say that the development won’t be visible as it was earlier.

If you are 21 then and you are not happy with your height, it does not necessarily mean that you should give up as there will still be a chance that your growth plates haven’t closed (only an x-ray can tell you this).
One of the important factors in determining the growth is growth hormones.this hormonal activity comes to a balanced state in the body after some time.
 The best way then to improve your growth during this point is to increase the amount of growth hormone in your body by getting more sleep, and also by taking hot showers and exercising which also results in more growth hormone,doing yoga and stretching.

Failing all this, if your height  affects your confidence and lifestyle, then there surgical procedures available that can increase the length of your legs by breaking them and pulling them apart so that they heal between the gaps. This however is a very painful procedure that requires you to endure broken legs and bolts drilled into your bones for months or years.
 The real best solution to the problem then, is simply to value the benefits of being slightly shorter and to come to terms with your natural height.
Be happy and enjoy your life.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: 21 years old. Is it possible to increase height? 55 minutes later
I heard there is some kind of medicine that can increase human growth is that true?..couse I saw a lot of advertisement about that kind of products.
As I explained you above,the most important thing is to know whether your broth plated have been fused or not.So get an x-ray of wrist joints done to see whether growth plates have fused or not.
If they are not fused,then you can consult a doctor who can prescribe some growth hormones,otherwise there is no medicine which can have any effect on the growth.
Don't go by any advertisements as they generally be fool the people and are away from reality.
If growth plated are fused,then you have only natural ways to increase the height,as mentions above.