20 month old transitioned from formula to soy milk. Have loose stools and smells sour. Suggest?

My 20 month old daughter transitioned from formula to soy milk at 1 years old. She only drinks milk in the morning and at night to go to bed with solid foods all day. For the past week she has been having very loose stools with almost a cottage cheese appearance and they smell sour. We haven't introduced anything new into her diet however she seems to have a bowel movement like I described everytime she drinks milk, could it be that she allergic to the soy. No vomiting or fever either
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Does seems like SOY milk is culprit.

Detailed Answer:

I am dr. XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

SOY milk contains protein and as per recent research, scientists have found soy to contain at least 15 allergenic proteins.

Please stop using SOY milk for now and try to use milk in stead. Since baby did not have any problem with mother's milk, she will be able to tolerate milk please start using 2% first.

Thanks for the query, Please feel free to contact me in case of further concerns.