2 1/2 month pregnant. Facing some health issue. Medicine to terminate pregnancy?

May 2013
my wife is 2 and half month pregnant and we want to abort it as soon as possible. As she facing health issue because of that we are not planning to give birth a child as this stage.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

normally medical termination of abortion is done by using mefeprisone and misoprostol tablets, which is done up to 8 to 9 weeks of pregnancy,
as according to details given by you, she may be on 10th week of pregnancy and as she already used misoprostol tablet with out effect,
now better you consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination and ultrasound once,
depending on that correct gestational age can be calculated,
if that is around 8 to 9 weeks you can go for medical termination with your doctor's advice,
if gestational age is more than that better to get admit, and with your doctor's advice and under her supervision you can take prostaglandins for cervical ripening followed by oxytosics for expulsion.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.