19th week of pregnancy, done triple test and not satisfied. Can Quadruple test be done now?

May 2013
Hi ,

My 19th week of pregnancy starts today. I wasn't happy with the quality of 3t test done. can I do a quadruple test ? how much wil it cost? am going to do an anomaly scan only in November. that's when my doctor suggested. would u suggest me to take a quadruple test now or leave it free till anomaly? based on your recommendation I will proceed with the testing.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can go for the quadruple test

Detailed Answer:
-Yes, you can go for quadruple test as you are not satisfied with the result of triple test.
- The cost differs from lab to lab. That can be one to two thousands higher than the cost of triple test.
- Usually the quadruple test is recommended between 15th to 22nd weeks. But the result will be more accurate between 16th to 18th weeks.
As you just crossed the 18th week, better to take the test now.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.