16 years old. Is there any supplements or diet plan to increase height?

Dec 2012

my son is 16. He plays football. He is 6 foot and 260 pounds. he has opportunity to play college but needs to be taller. Is there anything he can do to get taller
Should he consider supplements are just stick with a specific diet
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thank you for posting on XXXXXXX

Well if your son is 16 and is 6 foot tall (1.82 meters) and 260 pounds (117.9kg), then I do not think he really needs to take any supplements to get taller (even though they are no such supplements except steroids and surgical procedures to lengthen bone and muscles). Your son has a body mass index of 35.6 which is already way too much for his age (obesity). Except of course that those dimensions are not correctly presented, but if they are exact, then I feel that your son should instead be thinking of cutting down on his weight a little and his height is idle for football ( he is even taller than the average man).
I will advise a balanced diet but with reduction in saturated fats. His size might prevent him from being swifter ( even though might give him an added force). But you know in football, speed and resistance are the most needed factors.
His height is perfect for that kind of sport.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah