16 month old not able to walk without support. Is there a problem?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
my son is not walking without support he is now running in 16month,is there any problem
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 44 minutes later
Most babies take their first steps sometime between 9 and 12 months and are walking well by the time they're 14 or 15 months old. Don't worry if your child takes a little longer, though. Some perfectly normal children don't walk until they're 16 or 17 months old.
If your child is walking with support and has started that after one year of age then he might soon develop walking .
As of now you need not worry but if your child doesn't start walking by the age of 18 months then it's advisable to consult your pediatrician for assessment .
The doctor might evaluate him for supplements based on his clinical condition and weight , if the diagnosis is confirmed.
As of now nothing needs to be done , still you can get your child physically examined by his pediatrician to relieve all doubts.
Hope I have answered your query .
I'll be available for any follow up queries.