15 month baby having fever, yellowish coating on tongue and red spots under skin. What's going on?

My son is 15 month old and he had fever g
For 4 days, no the fever is gone but I noticed white yellowish coating on his tongue and it seemed like his mouth is bothering him as he he doesn't want to eat any thing and there iscalosonradh on his face which u can't feel like red spots under skin and when I press on it , it disappear
Any idea whats going on?
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

The symptoms your child had are very typical and are seen in Viral fever.

The rashes are usually haemorrhagic and do blanch on pressure.Viral fever does affect the upper respiratory and oral glands causing decreased secretion which may give a yellow hue to the tongue.

Most of the viral illness are self limiting and just need to be managed symptomatically, some may get complicated with secondary bacterial infection which may present with symptoms of involved system.

I also do consider there is a need for Dengue to be ruled out , though not common in your locality.The season now is favourable for such infections.Hence getting an Dengue IgM test would be necessary here to ascertain the safety.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.