1 month pregnant, want to terminate it. Suggest?

my wife is pregnant before 1 month she is pregnant is there any way we can avoid it tell me any pill that can work after one month please tell me only easy way for avoiding kid ??
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medical pill will terminate pregnancy...

Detailed Answer:

At 1 month pregnancy medical pills casually used to successfully terminate pregnancy. However there is a step by step process that I follow to ensure that my patients do not have any complications. The process involves:

1. Confirmation of pregnancy.
2. Ultrasound scan to confirm pregnancy is an uterine pregnancy and not ectopic. Ectopic pregnancy can be risky and hospitalisation is essential.
3. If it's an uterine pregnancy then I start mifepristine. A day or two later, I initiate misoprostol. This combination in most instance will cause excessive bleeding and expulsion of products of conception.
4. A week or two later when bleeding subsides, I repeat ultrasound scan to make sure there are no retained products. Retained products not only cause more bleeding but also becomes a foci of infecting. That's a serious problem. Therefore it needs a second procedure known as D&C.

It's essential to monitor the process carefully and initiate emergency treatment whenever necessary. A local gynecologist can monitor this process.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification.