Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

I have a bump that appears to be a spider bite.Could it be herpes?

I have a bump that appears to be a spider bite or pimple about 2 inches above my penis. It is not blistering, nor does it have the head of a zit. It is tender, but doesn t sting, burn, or itch. The bump is probably a quarter inch wide and firm. It appeared a few days ago, maybe 3 or 4. Maybe getting smaller? Could it be herpes? I was exposed to the blood of someone with herpes when she cut herself and I was dressing the wound . Got her blood on my hands.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi..., the transmission of the herpes can occur by skin contact also by blood..
since you had a recent contact with that patient.,, the infection may be genital herpes..
you must be treated with antiviral drugs... Acyclovir it the drug of choice,..
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor