On birth control pills. Brownish spotting with vaginal cramping. Chance of pregnancy?

I m on the birth control quasense & have been for over a year (or 2). I m on week 9 and have been seeing this brown spotting for over a week now. Just now, I also started to have some cramping/ vaginal pain. I have not had sex in over a month. I am very timely about taking my birth control at the same time everyday. I don t think I am pregnant but have been reading this brown spotting can be an indicator of pregnancy. I just wonder where this spotting is coming from & how to stop it. I have not had a problem like this before & have been on birth control for +4 years.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012