Inhalation therapy

What is Inhalation therapy?

A respiratory therapist is a specialized healthcare practitioner who has graduated from a university and passed a national board certifying examination. Respiratory therapists work most often in intensive care and operating rooms, but are also commonly found in outpatient clinics and home-health environments.

Respiratory therapists are specialists and educators in cardiology and pulmonology. Respiratory therapists are also advanced-practice clinicians in airway management; establishing and maintaining the airway during management of trauma, intensive care, and may administer anaesthesia for surgery or conscious sedation.

Respiratory therapists are often in charge of initiating and managing life support for people in intensive care units and emergency departments, stabilizing, treating and managing pre-hospital and hospital-to-hospital patient transport by air or ground ambulance.

In the outpatient setting Respiratory Therapists are often educators in asthma clinics, ancillary clinical staff in pediatric clinics, and sleep-disorder diagnosticians in sleep-clinics. They also serve as clinical providers in cardiology clinics and cath-labs.

Questions and answers on "Inhalation therapy"

Dear Doctors,
I'm an asthmatic, 35 years old. Currently, when it occurs I use Seretide 250mg, I want to ask the difference between Salbutamol 2,5...

doctor1 MD

Thanks for using XXXXXXX

I have gone through your available details, you are having Bronchial asthma and using inhalation therapy.


Read Full Thread   Ask a Doctor Now

Using inhalation therapy to treat pseudomonas in sinuses 3 times per day. Began yesterday: feels like something in throat...again today in addition...

doctor1 MD

It seems that you might be having acute pharyngitis producing irritation and foreign body sensation.
Do antiseptic or warm water gargling for...

Read Full Thread   Ask a Doctor Now

My daughter who is 4 years and 3 months old is detected for mild EOSINOPHILIA. She was given ZOCEF CV Syrup and Banocide syrup 50 mg....... 2...

doctor1 MD

Brief Answer:
she may need inhalation therapy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I'am Dr Suresh K Yadav MD (paediatrics), I had gone through your question and...

Read Full Thread   Ask a Doctor Now

Recent questions on Inhalation therapy

Ask Question
Doctor Image

Hi, I am Dr. Andrew Rynne (Family Physician). I will be guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Related Drugs/Medications
Related Procedures