What is Trapezius muscle?
The trapezius muscle is a flat, triangular muscle that covers the back of the neck, shoulders and thorax. The right and left trapezius together form a trapezium. It originates at the occipital bone at the base of the skull and is inserted on the posterior of the clavicle and on the spine of the scapula. Its chief action is rotation of the scapula necessary to raise the arms above shoulder level.
Questions and answers on "Trapezius muscle"
Health resources related to Trapezius muscle
- Burning pain in trapezius muscle
- Knots in trapezius muscle
- Trapezius muscle pain
- Trapezius muscle strain symptoms
- Pain in right trapezius muscle
- Torn trapezius muscle symptoms
- Trapezius muscle pain symptoms
- Trapezius muscle injury
- How to build trapezius muscle
- What is the action of the trapezius muscle