What is Pulmonary artery?
This is an artery that carries blood low in oxygen from the right ventricle to the lungs. Normally arteries carry blood rich in oxygen to the organs for their use. This artery is an exception. Pressure in this is lower than that in the aorta. A raised pulmonary artery pressure indicates problem in the right ventricle and is called pulmonary hypertension an indication of failing heart.
Questions and answers on "Pulmonary artery"
Health resources related to Pulmonary artery
- What is normal pulmonary artery pressure
- Pulmonary artery surgery
- Pulmonary artery cancer lifespan
- Branch pulmonary artery stenosis
- Tumor on the pulmonary artery
- Symptoms of pulmonary artery hypertension
- What is pulmonary artery disease
- Pulmonary artery pain
- Pulmonary artery systolic pressure
- Why is the pulmonary artery carrying deoxygenated blood