What is Valve replacement?
Valve replacement surgery is the replacement of one or more of the heart valves with either an artificial heart valve or a bioprosthesis (homograft from human tissue or xenograft eg from pig). It is an alternative to valve repair.Traditionally, repair or replacement of heart valves has involved open-heart surgery.Newer, less invasive techniques have been developed to replace or repair heart valves.
Questions and answers on "Valve replacement"
Health resources related to Valve replacement
- I am suffering from heart valve replacement, can i take coumadin?
- Drinking and valve replacement surgery
- Leg swelling after heart valve replacement
- Valve replacement and stunting
- What effect will chemo have on heart and valve replacement
- Heart valve replacement and impotence
- Aortic heart valve replacement
- Heart valve replacement surgery success
- Had mechanical valve replacement has seizures taking dilantin cause
- Risk of collapsed lung after heart valve replacement