What is Thyroidectomy?
A thyroidectomy is an operation that involves the surgical removal of all or part of the thyroid gland. Surgeons often perform a thyroidectomy when a patient has thyroid cancer or some other condition of the thyroid gland (such as hyperthyroidism) or goiter. Other indications for surgery include cosmetic (very enlarged thyroid), or symptomatic obstruction (causing difficulties in swallowing or breathing).
Questions and answers on "Thyroidectomy"
Health resources related to Thyroidectomy
- Post thyroidectomy blood pressure elevation
- Foods that are helpful after thyroidectomy
- Alternative medical help fo post thyroidectomy
- Thyroidectomy care return to work
- Hashimotos disease thyroidectomy
- Taking calcium after thyroidectomy
- A thyroidectomy diet to lose weight
- Thyroidectomy possible side effects
- Thyroidectomy and drinking alcohol
- After effects of thyroidectomy