What is Nephrectomy?
Nephrectomy refers to the complete or partial removal of kidneys.Removal of one kidney is called as partial nephrectomy, while removal of both kidneys refers to complete nephrectomy. It is a surgical procedure indicated in patients with chronic renal disease, chronic obstruction, renal carcinomas, chronic renal failure or in healthy individuals willing to donate their kidneys for transplantation.
Questions and answers on "Nephrectomy"
Health resources related to Nephrectomy
- Pain after partial nephrectomy
- Bilateral native nephrectomy
- Nephrectomy aftercare
- Can nephrectomy be done along with a hysterectomy
- Nephrectomy and related anatomy
- Hand assisted laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Status post right partial nephrectomy renal carcinoma
- "kidneys hurt" partial nephrectomy
- Recovery time for partial nephrectomy
- Nephrectomy post operative management