What is Parathyroid gland?
One of two small paired endocrine glands, superior and inferior, usually found embedded in the connective tissue capsule on the posterior surface of the thyroid gland; they secrete parathyroid hormone that regulates metabolism of calcium and phosphorus. The parenchyma is composed of chief and oxyphilic cells arranged in anastomosing cords. Inadvertent removal of all parathyroid glands, as during thyroidectomy, produces tetany and may be fatal in the absence of hormone replacement therapy.
Questions and answers on "Parathyroid gland"
Health resources related to Parathyroid gland
- Parathyroid gland function
- Diagnosis of parathyroid gland disorders
- Have trouble swallowing parathyroid gland level is high cure
- Treatment and cure for parathyroid gland disorders
- What is the hormone of parathyroid gland
- What hormone does the parathyroid gland produce
- Normal parathyroid gland size
- Parathyroid gland and kidney stones
- Drugs/medication for parathyroid gland disorders
- Nezelofs syndrome in parathyroid gland