What is Norovirus?
Norovirus is a genus of genetically diverse single-stranded RNA, non-enveloped viruses in the Caliciviridae family. The viruses are transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water; by person-to-person contact; and via aerosolization of the virus and subsequent contamination of surfaces. Noroviruses are the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis in humans, and affect people of all ages.
Questions and answers on "Norovirus"
Health resources related to Norovirus
- Duration of norovirus
- Early warning signs of norovirus
- What kills norovirus on surfaces
- How to treat norovirus symptoms
- Norovirus and tonsillitis
- Can norovirus cause just diarrhea
- Symptoms of the norovirus bug
- Can my abdominal cramps be due to norovirus infection?
- Why is norovirus only around recently
- Does norovirus always cause vomiting