What is Mutation?
A mutation is a change in a DNA sequence. Mutations can result from DNA copying mistakes made during cell division, exposure to ionizing radiation, exposure to chemicals called mutagens, or infection by viruses. Germ line mutations occur in the eggs and sperm and can be passed on to offspring, while somatic mutations occur in body cells and are not passed on.
Questions and answers on "Mutation"
Health resources related to Mutation
- Factor 5 mutation wisdom teeth
- Gene mutation and cancer
- Hfe gene mutation
- Which type of chromosomal mutation causes down syndrome
- Mhr mutation and pregnancy
- Heterozygous mthfr c677t mutation
- Jak2 mutation polycythemia vera
- What is mthfr gene mutation
- Bloom syndrome dna mutation
- Genetic mutation in legs