Intergluteal cleft

What is Intergluteal cleft?

Intergluteal cleft is the groove between buttocks that runs just below the sacrum to the perneium.

- Written by

Questions and answers on "Intergluteal cleft"

I have hard lumps at the top of my butt crack . It doesn t look like anything. It s not red, it doesn t have a hole where something can be drained. You can only feel it. I ve only had this for about a day and it s getting hard to sit. what could this be ?
had only for a day?
is there any trauma?
apply just antibiotic cream for 7 day.
you will see a hole after few day in it
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
hii,iam 26 years old male and just a week ago,i have noticed pain in the top part of my butt crack . when i tried to wipe it with a tissue,i found mucus and bit of blood ,its not near the butt hole but its right at the beginning of the butt crack,right below my spine,what could be the medication for this,please help
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The mucus and blood you had was probably discharge from the fistula ;or a sinus(pilonidal sinus).Both of these are near to rectum and the treatment is most of the time surgical excision.So please get examined by a surgeon and he will decide whether you can be...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
last night the top of my butt crack started peeling its just a small outline of the circle thats peeling and is no where near the anus. it does not itch and there are no bumps.. whats going on?
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

It is normal physiology.... there will be shedding of the skin every week,... if this not happens, then some times there will be pealing of skin.... since there,s no discharge or pain.. nothing to worry....
Hope I have answered your question.....
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Can anyone help me with information on how to get rid of dark staining on my butt crack and if it gets worse over time? Is it normal at my age? Female, 24 yrs old
hello and welcome to HCM forum, i would like to inform you that darkening may be normal until you suffer from any systemic disease.
kindly consult a dermatologist, he may prescribe you a whitening cream for the concerned area.
regular use will resolve your problem.
i wish you good...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Hi. i am a 23 years old female. for the past 3-4 days when I lay down or sit down I feel a pain on my butt, today I realize there s a red sore bump (pea sized) looks like pimple but i think it s not, it s on my right butt crack . It only hurts when I lay or sit on it, and when I try to press on it. what could that be? is it serious?
Hello.Welcome.Your problem is a small abcess formation.Take some antibiotic like amoxicillin 500mg three times a day for five days with anti-inflammatory drug like diclofenac 75mg twice daily.This will be alright.Good luck.
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Hi. I m a 23 years old female. Today I felt a lump/bump inside my right butt crack , i can feel a lump under the skin , i saw a red bump when i try to check on it. its a lil bit bigger than pea sized. It looks like a pimple but i think its not. it hurts when I sit or lay on it, it hurts when I press on it too. it has been hurting for 3-4 days. what could this be? is it okay if I ignore it?
HI Rachel,

Welcome to HCM.
It could be pilonidal swelling or a small boil. It would be better if you could consult a surgeon who will have to examine the swelling. If it is a boil, oral antibiotics and local antiseptic cream may cure it. if the pus is pointing then it may need to be drained. Any...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Im 27, female about 170, im 5 6, I keep getting small lil splits that turn into like three lil bumps together n they hurt and if I sqeeze it pus comes out they also have lil dots on top of them this is in my butt crack
Thanks for query,
In butt crack due to not cleaning properly there is likely of having fungal infection or due to itching infection take place,you have got infection on the part.
Go for antibiotic medicine orally and local application of triple action cream will cure your problem.
ok and...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
I have small lumps right at the top of my butt crack right above the small dimple. It is veru sore to the touch and when I sit but when I stand squat or walk I am fine. It goes away after a couple days, but just curious what this could be, please help
Hello.Welcome.It can be local collection of pus,infected sebaceous cyst or it can be a pilonidal sinus.Must visit a surgeon for proper diagnosis and treatment .good luck.
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
hello. i have a lump and it swollened on the top of my butt crack . and when i lay down or sit down it hurts. it dosent hurt that much when i walk or stand. also it hurts if i try to lay down or sit down correctly ; i always have to move to feel comfortable but im still not comfortable. like now im laying down regaular and im in pain but im need to be comfortable. what does this mean ?
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

The common skin infection on buttocks is folliculitis.. folliculitis is infection of the hair follicle.. you can apply neomycin cream twice daily for a week,.. do not prick or scratch with finger it will lead to secondary infections... you are needed to consult a...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Hi. My daughter is 9 months. For the past couple months, corresponding with heat I guess, she's had a constant on and off again redness and soreness around her inner thigh by her groin and under her belly. Sometimes it gets very raw with almost skin peeling. I tried every kind of cream there is, all natural, A&D, triple paste, calming creams. Nothing helps, it gets a little better just to come back full force. Is this just because she has very sensitive skin? Her doc said it's not yeast but didn't suggest anything. She now has tiny white pimples around her butt crack too. Just appeared out of nowhere.
Hello.Recurrent redness and small white bumps on the diaper area on an baby of nine months, the diagnosis most likely is Fungal diaper rash.It is a very common pathology in babies.First, you must change your baby's diaper very often,so that urine will not irritate the area.
I treat my patients...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
View more

Health resources related to Intergluteal cleft

A Doctor will be with you shortly
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor