What is Salicylic acid?
Salicylic acid is a keratolytics and this acid dissolve the inter cellular substance in the horny layer of skin.The epidermal cells swell , soften and then desquamate. Salicylic acid as 10-20% solution in alcohol or propylene glycol help in dissolving the corns.More effective when applied under occlusive dressing; Lower concentration (3-5%)are used in other conditions e.g.Whitefield ointment.
Questions and answers on "Salicylic acid"
Health resources related to Salicylic acid
- Allergic salicylic acid pumpkin vyvanse
- Tests for salicylic acid
- Salicylic acid for genital warts
- Salicylic acid for dark spots
- Do salicylic acid peels take away pits
- Salicylic acid and water
- Citric acid salicylic acid
- Need permanent cure for acne tried salicylic acid peel treatment
- Salicylic acid on penis
- Salicylic acid for leukoplakia of lips