What is Polio vaccine?
The polio vaccine protects against poliomyelitis. This is a severe disease that leads to the loss of movement (paralysis). The vaccine contains a dead (inactive) form of the polio virus. The vaccine cannot cause polio. After getting the vaccine, the body learns to attack the polio virus if the person is exposed to it. As a result the person is very unlikely to get sick with polio.
Questions and answers on "Polio vaccine"
Health resources related to Polio vaccine
- Tetanus and polio vaccine
- Deafness due to polio vaccine
- Polio vaccine causes
- Cdc polio vaccine cancer virus
- Pulse polio vaccine causes
- Fever polio vaccine therapy
- Drugs/medication for polio vaccine
- Advantages of polio vaccine
- Is one dose of polio vaccine enough for a child
- Drugs/medication for pulse polio vaccine