What is Hydrocortisone valerate?
Cortisol is a steroid hormone, in the glucocorticoid class of hormones, and is produced in humans by the zona fasciculata of the adrenal cortex within the adrenal gland. It is released in response to stress and low blood glucose.
It functions to increase blood sugar through gluconeogenesis, to suppress the immune system, and to aid in the metabolism of fat, protein, and carbohydrate. It also decreases bone formation.
Hydrocortisone (INN, USAN, BAN) is a name for cortisol when it is used as a medication. Hydrocortisone is used to treat people who lack adequate naturally generated cortisol. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines needed in a basic health system.
Questions and answers on "Hydrocortisone valerate"
Health resources related to Hydrocortisone valerate
- Is hydrocortisone valerate good for vaginal itching
- Hydrocortisone valerate poison ivy
- Hydrocortisone valerate yeast infection
- Hydrocortisone valerate ointment usp 0.2
- Usage of hydrocortisone valerate
- Hydrocortisone valerate for herpes
- Usages of hydrocortisone valerate
- Hydrocortisone valerate vs hydro cortisone
- Hydrocortisone valerate penis foreskin
- Hydrocortisone valerate use for athletes foot