What is West syndrome?
West syndrome is a severe epilepsy syndrome composed of the triad of infantile spasms, an interictal electroencephalogram (EEG) pattern termed hypsarrhythmia, and mental retardation, although the diagnosis can be made even if 1 of the 3 elements is missing.West syndrome is an age-dependent expression of a damaged brain, and most patients with infantile spasms have some degree of developmental delay.
Questions and answers on "West syndrome"
Health resources related to West syndrome
- Treatment and cure for west syndrome
- Drugs/medication for west syndrome
- West syndrome causes
- Diagnosis of west syndrome
- Where can west syndrome be treated well
- West syndrome life expectancy
- Life expectancy in severe west syndrome
- Klinefelters syndrome and west syndrome
- How to treat child suffering from west syndrome
- Symptoms of west syndrome