What is Toxic shock?
Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a potentially fatal illness caused by a bacterial toxin. Different bacterial toxins may cause toxic shock syndrome, depending on the situation. The causative bacteria include Staphylococcus aureus, where TSS is caused by enterotoxin type B or TSST-1, and Streptococcus pyogenes, where it is caused by streptococcal pyrogenic exotoxins. Streptococcal TSS is sometimes referred to as toxic shock-like syndrome (TSLS) or streptococcal toxic shock syndrome (STSS).
Questions and answers on "Toxic shock"
Health resources related to Toxic shock
- Toxic shock causes
- Burning when i pee toxic shock
- Are headaches symptoms of toxic shock syndrome?
- Does vomiting or diarrhea signify toxic shock syndrome?
- Symptoms of toxic shock
- Can muscle aches be due to toxic shock syndrome?
- Anxiety and toxic shock
- Drugs/medication for toxic shock
- Treatment and cure for toxic shock
- Diagnosis of toxic shock