What is Thyroid storm?
Thyroid storm or thyrotoxic crisis is a rare but severe and potentially life-threatening complication of hyperthyroidism (overactivity of the thyroid gland). It is characterized by a high fever (often above 40°C/104°F), fast and often irregular heart beat, vomiting, diarrhea and agitation. Heart failure may occur, and myocardial infarction is encountered. Death may occur despite treatment.
Questions and answers on "Thyroid storm"
Health resources related to Thyroid storm
- Thyroid storm causes
- Acute thyroid storm causes
- Symptoms of thyroid storm
- Could thyroid storm cause pancreatitis
- Yellow tongue thyroid storm
- Treatment and cure for acute thyroid storm
- Thyroid storm treatment guidelines
- Symptoms of acute thyroid storm
- Diagnosis of thyroid storm
- Treatment and cure for thyroid storm