Sebaceous cyst

Questions and answers on "Sebaceous cyst"

Hi , I suffer from sebaceous cyst which is on my cheek,, I have 3 there at moment and all doctors seen to give me cream with antibiotic, , my cheek is all swelled up at moment and very painfull should all of them be removed at same time, so they dont come back,, and the scaring it leaves is really getting me down and the appearance it leaves on my face,, im a girl and isnt nice to hav the scars,, is there anything I could have done for all the scars its leaving ?
Hi. Are you sure they are sebaceous cysts and not acne eruptions which have become infected. I suggest you see a Dermatologist and you would require some antibiotic tablets or capsules for a week to ten days as they sound like infected and should not be removed during active infection.
If the...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
swelling on the right side at base of penis. Not sore when touched.
Brief Answer:
Could be a Sebaceous Cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Sebaceous Cyst .However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination in person.

Skin at groin and genital area is rich in...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
I have what the doctor believes is a sebaceous cyst, and have scheduled its removal in 3 weeks. It has been bothering me and I have used some ointment that the dr prescribed for it. It burst today. Do I need to be concerned or move up the appt to have it removed?
Welcome to HCM,

Sebaceous cysts are common noncancerous cysts of the skin which contains liquid or semi-liquid material.They grow slowly and are not life threatening, but they may become uncomfortable if they go unchecked.

Sebaceous cysts develops if the gland or its duct become damaged or...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
I want a sebaceous cyst removed. I'm in Toronto. I think it's a sebaceous cyst. I injured myself – cut myself accidentally and I think a pimple formed there under the skin near my eyes. It feels like a pimple – it's a skin colored bump, small. I would be interested in the cost
As per your case history of sebaceous cyst.
My treatment advice is -
1. Don't squeeze the lesion as it may worsen the condition.
2. Apply a mild antibiotic cream like fusiderm cream twice daily on it.
3. Only curative treatment is excision under local anesthesia done by a dermato-surgeon....
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
hi, i'm 8 weeks pregnant. i've been on the waiting list for day surgery for a sebaceous cyst on my neck & a ganglion cyst on my left wrist. i just received a letter from the hospital to say that i can have my surgery now. is it safe to have surgery during pregnancy?

Welcome to healthcare magic. I have read your question.

I would like to reply as below:

1) Surgery is associated with risk of abortion due to surgical stress as well as drugs.

2) Try to postpone surgery with consultation of surgeon if possible.

If you have any further queries, let me know so...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »

I had recently noticed a pimple under my left testicle, it was a small one with white discharge. I squeezed it out, post which the entire thing is disappeared. Can you advice, if this is something very serious thing like STD?

Brief Answer:
Sebaceous cyst, furuncle,folliculitis are possible

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.

As the site of lesion is not over the penis, it is unlikely to be due to STD. You had not mentioned anything about your sexual activities. If it persists for a...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
I m having a sameting on top of head is not a pan but it feel like having tight spot their and I fill seek
Brief Answer:
Need examination and assessment,

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking!
Something painless on the top of head with tight skin around is most likely a sebaceous cyst. Totally innocuous and nothing to worry about. A simple excision of the structure would help and suffice. Get to your...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
I have a small lump on the left side of my scrotom sack that is just under the skin. It is stuck to the skin, and not free flowing so while I was hoping it was just a sebaceous cyst, Im not so sure any more. I dont think this is TC, but hoping for some guidance.
Thank you
Thanks for query .

Based on the fact that you have posted a small lump that you have on scrotal sac is Sebaceous Cyst as you have rightly thought for .

The scrotal skin is rich in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin....
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Hi I've found out I've a sebaceous cyst on the inner part of entrance to my vagina,causing lots of pain and hav to attend gynaecology on mon to decide on treatment options,surgery has been offered.should I hav surgery???if not will it take long to settle by itself???? Could there be more than 1??
thanks for choosing health Care magic for consultation. I understand your pain and you worry about treatment.

If Patients with such complains come to me then I generally give
amoxicillin clavulanic acid 625 two times a day for 7 days
Pain killer containing serratiopeptidase and diclofenac...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
I had a sebaceous cyst removed off my back 6 days ago and when my wife presses it the same white fluid comes out. It is not infected and im on antibiotics. Should it still have the white fluid in it after being removed? And should I continue to press the fluid out?
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Well, I'm really sorry to inform you that there must be something wrong with your discharging wound!

In my opinion there are two possibilities:

1. the sebaceous cyst has net been completely removed
2. some smaller cyst in the surrounding or early infection in the...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
View more
A Doctor will be with you shortly
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor