What is Schistosomiasis?
It is a disease caused by parasitic worms of the Schistosoma type. It may infect the urinary tract or intestines. Symptoms may include: abdominal pains, diarrhea, bloody stool, or blood in the urine. In those who have been infected a long time, liver damage, kidney failure, infertility, or bladder cancer may occur. In children it may cause poor growth and difficulty learning.
Questions and answers on "Schistosomiasis"
Health resources related to Schistosomiasis
- Drugs/medication for schistosomiasis
- Schistosomiasis in urine
- Treatment for ocular schistosomiasis
- Are some people more prone to getting schistosomiasis
- Treatment and cure for schistosomiasis
- How is schistosomiasis transmitted
- Schistosomiasis with vaginal infections
- What causes schistosomiasis
- Schistosomiasis questions and answers
- Diagnosis of schistosomiasis