What is Scarlet fever?
Scarlet fever (also called scarlatina in older literature) is an infectious disease which most commonly affects children. Symptoms include sore throat, fever and a characteristic red rash. Scarlet fever is usually spread by inhalation. There is no vaccine, but the disease is effectively treated with antibiotics.
Questions and answers on "Scarlet fever"
Health resources related to Scarlet fever
- Exposure to scarlet fever and pregnancy
- Scarlet fever heart murmur
- Relief for scarlet fever rash
- Is it safe to scarlet fever
- Epidemiology of scarlet fever
- Is scarlet fever motility
- Scarlet fever vs rheumatic fever
- Diagnosis of scarlet fever
- My child has scarlet fever is she contagious
- How to cure scarlet fever