Rheumatoid nodule

What is Rheumatoid nodule?

A rheumatoid nodule is a local swelling or tissue lump occurs almost exclusively in association with rheumatoid arthritis. They are usually subcutaneous especially over bony prominences such as the tip of the elbow or olecranon or over the finger knuckles. Less commonly they occur in the lining of the lung and other internal organs

Questions and answers on "Rheumatoid nodule"

I have a lump in the inside of my elbow just below the creases in the inner arm - right side. It is well formed and a little larger than a quarter...

doctor1 MD


Probably you are having rheumatoid nodules.

They are firm lump located under the skin near joints.

About 30 percent patients of rheumatoid...

Read Full Thread   Ask a Doctor Now

i have extreme multiple connective tissue disease , RA, sjogrens, raynauds, hashimotos. for my pain i have 100mg fentanyl patch every 3 days, SR...

doctor1 MD

Hi !
Thank you for your query.

Looking into your problem since you suffer from multiple diseases development of lumps on both legs and forearms can...

Read Full Thread   Ask a Doctor Now

I have eczema & have had it since early childhood. I am now in my early 70 s. Problem, my skin is at its worst. I feel very sickly, cold, shivering...

doctor1 MD


It seems that you are atopic.

You have eczema and dry skin.

You are a having nodules on shest and extrimities near joints.

The nodules seem to...

Read Full Thread   Ask a Doctor Now

Recent questions on Rheumatoid nodule

Ask Question
Doctor Image

Hi, I am Dr. Andrew Rynne (Family Physician). I will be guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Related Drugs/Medications
Related Lab Tests
Related Procedures
Related Medical Topics