What is Rheumatic fever?
It is a disease caused by streptococcus pyogenes grp A bacteria .It is characterised by sore throat ,fever,polyarthritis(joint pains ),carditis(breathlessness on slight exertion ),sucutaneous nodules (painful red lumps esp on lower limbs ) erythema marinatum (a red rash ).Sometimes a neurological complication can follow called chorea .It is diagnosed by serum ASO levels more than 200 .
Questions and answers on "Rheumatic fever"
Health resources related to Rheumatic fever
- Dizziness headache rheumatic fever tooth extraction
- Pentid 400 for rheumatic fever prophylaxis
- How long does it take to heal from rheumatic fever
- Recovery time rheumatic fever
- Rheumatic fever causes
- Rheumatic fever aortic stenosis
- Recommendation of rheumatic fever
- Recurrent rheumatic fever causes
- Symptoms of streptococcal rheumatic fever
- Rheumatic fever pain in joints swelling on omnacortil