What is Radiation proctitis?
Radiotherapy is used for many cancers like leukemia, lymphoma,breast & prostrate. Radiotherapy works by causing cell death.Radiotherapy works non-specifically and kills both cancer & normal cells.Modern radiotherapy methods limit surrounding cell death by limiting 'dispersion' and 'shields'.Inflammation of anus(proctitis) occurs during therapy & can cause pain and bleeding.Anal lining is delicate.
Questions and answers on "Radiation proctitis"
Health resources related to Radiation proctitis
- Treatment and cure for radiation proctitis
- Apc treatment for radiation proctitis
- Sucralfate enemas radiation proctitis
- Carafate enemas for radiation proctitis
- Radiation proctitis treatment
- Symptoms of radiation proctitis
- Radiation proctitis causes
- Chronic radiation proctitis
- Diagnosis of radiation proctitis
- Drugs/medication for radiation proctitis