What is Pneumocystis pneumonia?
Pneumocystis pneumonia also called pneumocystosis is a form of pneumonia, caused by the yeast-like fungus Pneumocystis jirovecii.It is commonly found in the lungs of healthy people, but, being a source of opportunistic infection, it can cause a lung infection in people with a weak immune system.Pneumocystis pneumonia is especially seen with cancer, HIV/AIDS and immunocompromised conditions.
Questions and answers on "Pneumocystis pneumonia"
Health resources related to Pneumocystis pneumonia
- Treatment and cure for pneumocystis pneumonia
- Will co trimoxazole treat pneumocystis pneumonia prophylaxis?
- Pneumocystis pneumonia causes
- Diagnosis of pneumocystis pneumonia
- Pneumocystis pneumonia prophylaxis
- What is pneumocystis pneumonia
- Symptoms of pneumocystis pneumonia
- Drugs/medication for pneumocystis pneumonia