What is Metabolic syndrome?
A group of metabolic risk factors linked to insulin resistance and associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease. It is defined as the presence of any three of the following: 1) increased waist circumference (>102 cm for men, >88 cm for women), 2) elevated triglycerides >150 mg/dL, 3) low HDL cholesterol (less than 40 mg/dL for men, less than 50 mg/dL for women), 4) hypertension (systolic BP >130 and/or diastolic >85) or antihypertensive medication use, 5) impaired fasting glucose (>110 mg/dL).
Questions and answers on "Metabolic syndrome"
Health resources related to Metabolic syndrome
- Artificial sweeteners metabolic syndrome
- Metabolic syndrome vs diabetes
- Can i take humulin r for metabolic syndrome ?
- Aging the metabolic syndrome
- Metabolic syndrome high alkaline phosphatase
- Prediabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Foods to eat for metabolic syndrome
- Symptoms of metabolic syndrome
- Metabolic syndrome and hearing loss