What is Leukodystrophy?
Term for a group of white matter diseases, some familial, characterized by progressive cerebral deterioration usually in early life, and pathologically by primary absence or degeneration of the myelin of the central and peripheral nervous systems with glial reaction; probably related to a defect in lipid metabolism; most leukodystrophies are autosomal recessive, several are X-linked recessive, and a few are autosomal dominant.
Questions and answers on "Leukodystrophy"
Health resources related to Leukodystrophy
- Megalencephalic leukodystrophy with subcortical cysts treatment with yoga
- Metachromatic leukodystrophy life expectancy
- Leukodystrophy and mastoiditis
- Management of megalencephalic leukodystrophy with subcortical cysts
- Leukodystrophy causes
- Leukodystrophy hypothyroidism
- Leukodystrophy prognosis
- Diagnosis of Leukodystrophy
- Dysmyelogenic leukodystrophy
- Is their any prevention of megalencephalic leukodystrophy with subcortical cysts