What is Hemifacial spasm?
A disorder of the facial nerve characterized by unilateral involuntary paroxysmal contractions of the facial muscles, caused by high-frequency bursts of motor units lasting from a few msec to several seconds; reported causes include compression of the ipsilateral facial nerve near its exit from the pons by a vascular malformation, compression of the ipsilateral facial nerve by a posterofossa neoplasm, and idiopathic derivations.
Questions and answers on "Hemifacial spasm"
Health resources related to Hemifacial spasm
- What causes hemifacial spasm
- Hemifacial spasm lyme disease
- Hemifacial spasm causes
- Cures for hemifacial spasm
- How catalyst therapy works in hemifacial spasm ?\
- Wisdom tooth hemifacial spasm
- Hemifacial spasm ayurveda
- How to treat hemifacial spasm with catalyst
- Drugs/medication for hemifacial spasm
- How can catalyst therapy cure hemifacial spasm