What is Dermatomyositis?
Dermatomyositis is a connective tissue disorder in which there is a constellation of skin signs like gottron's papules, confluent macular violaceous erythema, photosensitivity etc along with proximal muscle involvement leading to difficulty in standing and raising arms.It is a progressive condition characterized by symmetric proximal muscular weakness with elevated serum levels of muscle enzymes and a skin rash, typically a purplish-red erythema on the face, and edema of the eyelids and periorbital tissue; affected muscle tissue shows degeneration of fibers with a chronic inflammatory reaction; occurs in children and adults, and in the latter may be associated with visceral cancer or other disorders of connective tissue. regards
Questions and answers on "Dermatomyositis"
Health resources related to Dermatomyositis
- Over the counter treatment for dermatomyositis
- Cloudy urine and dermatomyositis
- Bee venom therapy dermatomyositis
- History of dermatomyositis anemia panel and spe suggested suggestions
- Dermatomyositis rash does it go away and recur frequently
- Dermatomyositis marijuana
- How dangerous is dermatomyositis
- Can dermatomyositis cause costochondritis
- What is dermatomyositis and polymyositis
- Treatment juvenile dermatomyositis