What is Contractures?
A contracture develops when the normally stretchy (elastic) tissues are replaced by non stretchy (inelastic) fiber-like tissue. This makes it hard to stretch the area and prevents normal movement. Contractures mostly occur in the skin, the tissues underneath, and the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joint areas.
Questions and answers on "Contractures"
Health resources related to Contractures
- Remedies for spastic contractures
- Symptoms of scar contractures
- Joint contractures causes
- Contractures caused by genetic disorders
- Hand rolls for contractures
- Are contractures permanent
- Remedies for severe contractures
- Symptoms of joint contractures
- Graft contractures causes
- Symptoms of graft contractures