What is Cholecystitis?
Cholecystitis is inflammation of the gallbladder, which occurs most commonly due to obstruction of the cystic duct with gallstones (cholelithiasis). Blockage of the cystic duct with gallstones causes accumulation of bile in the gallbladder and increased pressure within the gallbladder. Concentrated bile, pressure, and sometimes bacterial infection irritate and damage the gallbladder wall, causing inflammation and swelling of the gallbladder.
Questions and answers on "Cholecystitis"
Health resources related to Cholecystitis
- Symptoms of recurrent cholecystitis
- Cholecystitis causes
- How to treat cholecystitis
- Cholecystitis and hashimotos disease
- Gallstones without cholecystitis
- Obstruction cholecystitis causes
- Cholecystitis related to pancreatitis
- Cholecystitis diet handout
- Treatment and cure for recurrent cholecystitis
- Cholecystitis and blood sugar