What is Carnitine deficiency?
A condition associated with many disorders of fatty acid oxidation. Fatty acids are linked to carnitine as they are transported across the inner mitochondrial membrane; errors in this process lead to problems with energy production; patients may experience episodes of hypoglycemia or metabolic acidosis and may have encephalopathy, cardiomyopathy or skeletal muscle weakness.
Questions and answers on "Carnitine deficiency"
Health resources related to Carnitine deficiency
- Symptoms of carnitine deficiency
- Risperidone and carnitine deficiency
- Why does carnitine deficiency give abdominal pain
- Carnitine deficiency fat is stool
- Acyl carnitine deficiency baby
- Carnitine deficiency and oral contraceptive pills
- Nails carnitine deficiency
- Carnitine deficiency rare disease
- Carnitine deficiency causes
- Drugs/medication for carnitine deficiency