What is Aortic dissection?
A pathologic process, characterized by splitting of the media layer of the aorta, which leads to formation of a dissecting aneurysm. Classified according to location as follows: type I involves the ascending aorta, transverse arch, and distal aorta; type II is confined to the ascending aorta; type III extends distally in the descending aorta, usually from a starting point just distal to the left subclaviar artery.
Questions and answers on "Aortic dissection"
Health resources related to Aortic dissection
- Abdominal aortic dissection treatment
- Type 3 aortic dissection
- Aortic dissection ulnar nerve
- Aortic dissection causes
- Depression after aortic dissection
- Symptoms of Aortic dissection
- Aortic dissection type 2
- Drugs/medication for Aortic dissection
- Aortic dissection and depression
- Hydralazine aortic dissection